The ERA is hosting a video contest over the next several months and we have some GREAT prizes up for grabs, including $1000.00 cold hard cash as part of the grand prize! See full contest details, including how to enter, below.
The Electronic Recycling Association’s / ERA Video Contest Terms & Conditions
- This Contest is for residents of Canada only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Canada. Do not proceed in this Contest if you are not a legal resident of Canada. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below
- In order to be eligible for this Contest, you must read and agree to the following terms and conditions (the “Official Rules”), the YouTube Terms of Service at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and the YouTube Community Guidelines at http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines. As used in these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to the Entrant.
Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable for posting, in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not appear on the Contest Website. In order to be entered into the Contest:
- Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry;
- Entries must adhere to YouTube Terms of Service; at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and the YouTube Community Guidelines at http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines;
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube via your personal YouTube account;
- Entries must be submitted by email (as explained in “How to Enter”) by December 5, 2014, at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) Mountain Standard Time and must include: Full name, postal mailing address, email address, phone number, country of residence, Name(s) of the Host(s) where the video was taken, and the YouTube Link to your video. Videos uploaded after this time or with incomplete information will be disqualified from this contest;
- Your video must not infringe on any third party rights or contain any names, logos, or seals of any government agency, company, or organization – excluding ERA trademark or copyrighted materials;
- All videos must contain the ERA logo either at the beginning, end or both.
- Videos cannot be longer than 3 minutes;
- All videos must include “ERA is” in the title of the video;
- All videos must acknowledge any music used in the video by naming the artist(s) and the song(s) at some point in the video. Music may be used within guidelines of Fair Use. Fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and "transformative" purpose such as commentary, criticism, or parody. "Fair" uses do not require permission from the copyright owner;
- The ERA will notify the winners;
- By submitting a video to this contest, you grant The ERA an irrevocable, royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and perform publicly, and otherwise use, as well as authorize others to use, your video for any promotional purpose and in any media format;
- The Entry must NOT contain unsuitable content or depict or incorporate unsafe behavior or situations; obscenity, lewd or inappropriate images, words or text; nudity; acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are illegal/dangerous; disparagement of any person or product; racist innuendo; illegal drug or alcohol use; or other offensive conduct or material, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion;
- Video entries must be entirely original to the Entrant and must NOT include any mention or performance of any copyrighted media/material, including but not limited to, music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property – excluding the Electronic Recycling Association;
- Entry may not include information that can be used to personally identify an individual, such as an address, license plate, phone number or email address;
- Entry must be of satisfactory quality as determined by Sponsor (i.e., brightness, focus, volume);
- Upon submitting your entry by email to email@example.com, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
You many enter as many videos as you choose per person/YouTube account, however, only one (1) video will be available for prizing. No other form of participation is valid. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than three (3) entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. The ERA office computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the YouTube account associated with the entrant's Video as of the closing date of the Entry Phase. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the YouTube account was opened. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be returned or acknowledged by the Sponsor.
ERA’s Judging Criteria:
- The jury will review each submission and will choose their favorites based on the following criteria:
- Overall Production Quality
- Video’s ability to effectively convey the ERA’s key mandates and competitive advantage
A total of three (3) prizes will be given away. Three winners will be determined through a combination of audience choice (15%) determined by the highest number of “Likes” your submission receives on YouTube and our jury (85%) based on The ERA’s Judging Criteria, outlined above. To make audience choice portion of the vote fair to all contestants (to balance earlier with later submissions) it will be pro-rated based on how long the video has been posted on YouTube. The winners will be announced by December 15th.
Grand Prize - $1000 and a refurbished laptop
2nd Place - $250 and a refurbished laptop
3rd Place – A refurbished laptop